Berufsbildner/-in Metall-/Holzbearbeitung (m/f) 100%
Tragen Sie mit Ihrem fachlichen und methodischen Know-how dazu bei, die Berufsbildung in den namibischen Schulen aufzubauen.
The Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture Namibia is a longstanding partner organisation of Comundo and is committed to deliver an equitable and inclusive education for all children and youth. In addition, the Ministry promotes Namibian art and culture in favour of national unity and in consideration of its diversity.
Your activities / tasks
The Comundo Country Programme Namibia contributes significantly to a better education for all children and youth. Especially basic pre-vocational subjects for learners with special education needs shall be introduced and expanded, e.g., in metal and/or woodworking. To achieve this goal, we collaborate with the regional Directorates of Education, for this assignment in the Kavango-East Region in north-eastern Namibia. Therefore, your task is to facilitate the implementation of the basic pre-vocational curriculum and subjects at school level with practical co-ordination and project management activities. Your main tasks will be:
- Improvement of teaching methods in the classes and knowledge transfer in the regional office.
- Support the implementation of basic pre-vocational subjects in additional schools.
- Intensification of the networking between the Directorates of Education of different regions.
- Degree and at least 3 years of work experience in metal or wood processing
- Experience as a vocational trainer
- Skills to train adults
- Project management skills are an added advantage
- Intercultural knowledge and team player
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Residence in Switzerland or Germany