Specialista in educazione basata sulle competenze 100%
Sostenere la nostra organizzazione partner nell'introduzione e nell'implementazione dell'educazione basata sulle competenze.
Competency based Education (CBE) is a new way of thinking in Kenya’s education system, designed by the Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development and introduced in 2017. It allows self-paced progress and provides students with the support they need to succeed. While there is a consensus that CBE will be beneficial for the youth, there are major challenges in implementing CBE. The capacity of teachers, parents and organisations involved in education needs to be strengthened.
Our partner organisation St. Martin CSA works to ensure that marginalised groups have access to educational opportunities. St. Martin is aware of the benefits and challenges associated with the introduction of CBE and wants to take the necessary steps to integrate CBE in its programs. It wants to become a role model and leader in the introduction of the new curriculum.
Your activities / tasks
As a Comundo co-worker, you will be part of Comundo’s country program in Kenya. You will contribute to strengthening St. Martin’s education program so that vulnerable children and youth can achieve better learning outcomes through CBE. You will ensure that St. Martin staff and volunteers are able to prepare children for the challenges of the future and provide them with knowledge and skills in various subject areas through child-oriented teaching methods, and that St. Martin uses modern and innovative methods in their youth programs. Among others you will:
- Assess staff and volunteer capacities and do a training needs assessment.
- Introduce and empower staff to use modern pedagogical tools and practices.
- Improve teachers' knowledge and awareness of the principles and objectives of the CBE
- Adapt the Competency Based Curriculum (CBC) to the context of St. Martin.
- Develop learning materials.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the private sector, national and county governments.
- Solid qualification in education or early childhood development.
- Proven experience in CBE and in the use of modern pedagogical tools and practices.
- If possible, worked as a teacher or trainer of trainers/teachers.
- Experience with development of curricula and learning materials.
- Ability to work respectfully with children, youth, and women from vulnerable backgrounds.
- Substantial computer literacy and very good command of the English language
- Completed vocational or tertiary education
- At least 2 years of professional experience
- Between 25 and 60 years old.
- Resident in Switzerland or Germany
- Intercultural competencies and the ability to act in diverse contexts
- Good physical and mental health
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- High social skills and intercultural sensitivity
- You are motivated to live a simple lifestyle
- You are prepared to contribute to public relations and fundraising
- Comfortable working in a faith-inspired organization
- An exciting working environment with an ample space for initiative, participation and intercultural contacts
- An adequate preparation
- Introduction to the situation of the country of assignment and local support
- Living and insurance costs during your assignment
- Travelling costs in both directions
- Initial financial aid after your return