Specialista in E-Learning (m/f) 100%
Grazie al tuo sostegno e apporto, l'organizzazione partner Elimu potrà espandere la sua area di e-learning e formare gli/le insegnanti nelle nuove tecnologie di e-learning.
The education sector in Kilifi County faces many challenges. The literacy rate is only 66%, there are a limited number of public schools and the quality of learning in these schools is very low. In particular poor families send their children to public schools because they are the cheapest.
Education (SDG 4) is one of Elimu’s main pillars of intervention. Our partner organisation acts as a hub from which projects are coordinated and implemented, creating relationships, partnerships, and collaborations to provide a productive environment for learners. In 2018, Elimu adopted Kolibri, an open-source educational e-learning platform, to provide offline access to a wide range of high-quality, openly licensed educational resources in resource-poor contexts such as rural schools. Elimu aims to further expand its education program in the region, with a focus on Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL).
Your activities / tasks
As a Comundo co-worker, you will be part of Comundo’s country programme in Kenya. You contribute in strengthening Elimu’s education department. Specifically, you will support Elimu to improve access to and quality of education in public primary and secondary schools through the use of the Kolibri platform and other TEL related interventions. You will assist Elimu to expand their education program and support teachers to enhance their knowledge in using TEL in their classrooms. Among others you will:
- Design an e-learning pedagogy and integrate it into Elimu’s education program.
- Conduct a capacity needs assessment on TEL for staff and teachers.
- Review and develop teacher training tools/programme; train teachers, IT staff and students.
- Assist in the development of the Elimu education strategy.
- Assist in developing a network of e-learning schools in Kenya.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the private sector, national and county governments.
- Working experience in education and the use of e-learning technologies
- In-depth understanding and expertise in education management
- Familiarity and confidence in using e-learning platforms and with TEL
- Digital literacy and knowledge of digital tools in the classroom
- Teaching experience is an added advantage
- Ability to work respectfully with children, youth, and women from vulnerable and impoverished backgrounds
- Very good command of the English language
- Residence in Switzerland or Germany