Pedagogista curativo/a 100%
Ti occupi di sensibilizzare gli insegnanti e i direttori scolastici della regione dello Ohangwena alle esigenze dei bambini con disabilità e offri loro una formazione continua adeguata.
The Namibian “Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture” (MoEAC) is a longstanding partner organisation of Comundo in Namibia. It is committed to deliver an equitable and inclusive education for all children and adolescents. With its Directorates of Education Arts and Culture (DoEAC), it is represented in all 14 regions of the country. Especially in the north of Namibia, schools need more specific knowledge and facilities to provide adequate education for all. That is why, the Directorate of Education Arts and Culture in the Ohangwena region aims to improve the inclusive and pre-vocational education as it is set in the Inclusive Education Policy.
Your activities / tasks
As a co-worker of Comundo you contribute to the country programme of Comundo in Namibia, which supports the MoEAC and its DoEAC in the implementation of the Inclusive Education Policy. Therefore, you advice and support the DoEAC in the Ohangwena region to build the knowledge of teachers and principals for the needs of children with disabilities and provide training in specific methods. Your main activities are:
· Promote and integrate inclusive education practices in training programmes and workshops
· Capacitate teachers, advisory teachers, officers, inspectors, principals on inclusive education practices
· Co-create a mechanism for monitoring the implementation of inclusive education practices and thus the Inclusive Education Policy
· Degree in Learner Support or Special Education Needs
· Five years of teaching experience
· Training of trainers’ skills or adult education
· Good command of written and spoken English
· Monitoring and evaluation skills
· Experience as Teacher Advisor or Principal desired
· Resident in Switzerland or Germany.