Ostetrica/o (m/f) 100%
Stiamo cercando un'ostetrica/o con esperienza che si unisca alla nostra organizzazione partner per avviare una formazione sulla salute riproduttiva per operatori/trici sanitari/e.
Kilifi County is one of the counties with the highest maternal mortality rate. Here, an average of 20-25 women die every month due to pregnancy-related problems. Many women give birth without skilled birth attendants. Closely related problems are low health literacy in sexuality and reproductive health, difficulties in availability and uptake of family planning, which in turn often leads to unwanted pregnancies and teenage pregnancies.
With sufficient and appropriate training, both in terms of knowledge, skills and attitudes, health workers can be more available and better equipped to support women during pregnancy and while giving birth. Our partner organization, the NCMTC, has been offering training programmes specifically on midwifery and reproductive health already for several years and would now like to start expanding and upgrading these courses.
Your activities / tasks
As a Comundo co-worker, you will contribute to the design and implementation of training in reproductive health and midwifery. Specifically, you will provide support for the setting up of a training program, to train NCMTC staff and to the adoption of modern and innovative methods to provide high-quality training in reproductive health and midwifery. You will:
· Participate in the development of curricula and learning materials.
· Provide support in the accreditation of the course.
· Assess staff capacities and do a training needs assessment.
· Assist in the setting up of a practical attachment program for students.
· Guide the process of developing quality assurance processes and procedures
· Solid education in a technical field relevant to reproductive health and midwifery.
· Practical experience in education and in the development of course materials.
· Knowledge in health education is an added value.
· Experience in organisational development
· Good knowledge of English
Residence in Switzerland or Germany.