Insegnante di scuola primaria (m/f) 100%
Puoi contribuire a migliorare le capacità di alfabetizzazione e di calcolo delle bambine e dei bambini zambiani promuovendo le competenze metodologiche delle e degli insegnanti.
To break the cycle of poverty, children need education. Destiny Community School provides education to the most vulnerable children in the compound Matero in Lusaka. The education provided in Zambia, in government or community schools, has many gaps. Despite attending school, the learners lack fundamental skills especially in literacy and numeracy. These skills are crucial for the learners to have a successful, independent future.
Your activities / tasks
As a Comundo co-worker, you will contribute to the improvement of the quality of education within the framework of the Zambia country program. This is the second assignment at Destiny. The teachers are trained now on teaching literacy in English using the sound and phonic based approach and can implement it nearly independently. However, the high retention of learners with mostly very low Literacy levels always brings new challenges where the teachers still depend on support of a Co-Worker. You support Destiny in:
- Training of teachers in reading comprehension and writing skills
- Training of teachers in numeracy
- Development of learning materials in collaboration with teachers
- Support of implementation of ‘learning through play’ method in early childhood education
- Individual support / coaching of teachers
- Development of a continuous professional development program that can be spread to more community schools
- Bachelor/masters in education
- Teaching experience in primary/early childhood education
- Experience in school management or leadership a plus
- Experience in teacher training or continues professional development a plus
- Very good knowledge in English
- Experience as English teacher a plus
- Residence in Switzerland or Germany
For further information, please download the detailed advertisement.