Formateur·rice d'enseignant·e·s 100%
Avec des ateliers et des formations en cours d'emploi, vous encouragez les enseignant·e·s de la Community School.
Zambia belongs to the group of the poorest countries in the world (HDI 14/189). As a consequence, majority of the population lives in tough situations without sufficient access to health care, education, social welfare and protection of their rights. 65% of the population is below the age of 25 years. The Partner Organisation Heal Project Comunity School aims to be an institution providing all-inclusive quality education to orphaned /vulnerable children. Upon the completion of education, the youth will have better chances to earn a living and get out of the cycle of poverty.
Your activities / tasks
As Co-worker of Comundo you support primarily the 15 teachers to build up their skills in the field of education. You organise and carry out on the job training, workshops and classroom observations and you coach the teachers. You support the management in improvement of implementing the safeguarding policy. You assure that a small group of teachers is trained to a level where they can train new and also teachers at other schools. Therefore, the assignments objectives are:
- Teachers' knowledge in didactic and pedagogical methods (focus on active learning) is improved.
- Teachers have improved their teaching skills in literacy, numeracy and learning through play.
- Teachers, management and community are trained in safeguarding.
- The school has a group of trainers of teachers.
- At least 3 years of experience as a teacher.
- Knowledge of learning through play, safeguarding and literacy/numeracy in English.
- Coaching and community work/youth work is a plus.
- Interest in working in a Christian faith-based organisation
- Very good English language skills and willingness to learn a local language.
- Resident in Switzerland or Germany.