Assistant·e social·e 100%
Mettez votre expertise à contribution pour aider les enfants et les jeunes de Kisumu, au Kenya, à vivre une vie sereine et sans violence.
Throughout Kenya, violence against children and youth is very common, with about 50% of all children experiencing it in some form (UNICEF report). Our partner organization Make Me Smile in Kisumu is dedicated towards ensuring that every child can achieve their potential and participate in and contribute to all aspects of life. It has different projects and programs to support the most vulnerable children and youth, such as orphans or young women. Make Me Smile does have a child safeguarding policy for protecting and ensuring the safety of children and also works with schools to reduce violence against children. Even so, they lack materials and guidelines as well as trained staff members to coordinate safeguarding issues in all their programs and with all counterparts, such as schools, parents, children clubs, etc.
Your activities / tasks
As a Comundo Co-worker, you contribute to the goals of the country program in Kenya to increase access to health and social services for vulnerable children and youth. You provide support for the strengthening of all aspects of Child safeguarding and case management at Make Me Smile. You will:
· Train staff members on basic child protection
· Develop training material and guidelines for child protection and case management
· Develop/revise policies, regulations and concepts on child safeguarding and case management
· Coordinate the participation of Make Me Smile in regional and national networks
· Streamline and standardize all aspects of child protection at MMS
· Degree in Social Work
· Knowledge in child safeguarding policies and case management
· Experience in organizational development
· Knowledge in Information Technology
· Experience in adult education and project management as an added value
· Good spoken and written English skills and willingness to learn Kiswahili
Residence in Switzerland or Germany.