Unterstützung der Muyeye Berufsschule 100%
Am Muyeye College werden Sie die Verbesserung der Management- und Verwaltungssysteme des Colleges unterstützen, damit das Personal in der Lage ist, das College effektiv und effizient zu führen.
The Kilifi Government is committed to promoting Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). The aim is to provide quality education that prepares students for global competitiveness. As TVET has been devolved to the counties, they are responsible for running and financing most of the Vocational Training Centres (VTC). Kilifi County is one of five counties that host the Kenyan Coast. It covers 12’000 km2 and has a population of 1.5 million. It runs 42 VTC, and most of them are of rather low quality.
Muyeye College in Malindi www.muyeyevtc.ac.ke was established in 2010. With more than 800 students, it is the largest college run by the County Government. It is a game changer for the community to break the cycle of poverty by acquiring demand-driven employable skills for decent and sustainable livelihoods.
As a Comundo co-worker, you will be part of Comundo’s country program in Kenya. You will contribute to strengthening the provision of TVET in Kilifi County in general and at Muyeye College in particular so that vulnerable children and youth can have better professional and social prospects by developing relevant skills through high-quality and inclusive TVET.
Based at Muyeye College you will support the improvement of the college’s management and administration systems, strengthen the training programs offered, introduce new models of dual education and ensure that staff are able to run the college effectively and efficiently. You will also advise the County department for TVET and the other colleges where possible. Among others, you will support the partner organisation on the following tasks:
- Develop a college strategic plan
- Introduce dual education models
- Link the college with private sector actors in Malindi
- Introduce improved management and administrative policies and procedures
- Improve student administration
- Introduce elements of career planning and integration into the labour market
- Provide management advice to other colleges in the county
- Solid qualification in education, eudcation management or business administration
- Experience as teacher or trainer of trainers/teachers
- Experience with the development of administrative systems and data management
- Substantial computer literacy and very good command of the English language
- Experience in the running of an educational facility is an added advantage
- Completed vocational or tertiary education
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- Resident in Switzerland or Germany
- Intercultural competencies and the ability to function in diverse contexts
- Good physical and mental health
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- You are motivated to live a simple lifestyle
- You are prepared to contribute to public relations and fundraising
RegionMalindi / Kenia