Sie sensibilisieren Lehrpersonen und SchuldirektorInnen der Zambezi Region für die Bedürfnisse von Kindern mit Behinderungen und bilden sie in deren Förderung weiter.
The Namibian “Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture” is committed to deliver an equitable and inclusive education for all children and adolescents. But especially in the north of Namibia, schools need more specific knowledge and facilities to provide adequate education for all. That is why, the Directorate of Education Arts and Culture in the Zambezi region aims to improve the inclusive and pre-vocational education as it is set in the Inclusive Education Policy.
The “Ministry of Education Arts and Culture” (MoEAC) is a longstanding partner organisation of Co-mundo. With its Directorates of Education Arts and Culture (DoEAC), it is represented in all 14 regions of the country. The DoEAC in Zambezi is like the others responsible for all formal education in the public schools as well as their administration in its region. That includes the further training of its tea-chers and school directors.
Your activities / tasks
As a co-worker of Comundo you contribute to the country program of Comundo in Namibia, which supports the MoEAC and its DoEAC in the implementation of the Inclusive Education Policy. Therefore you advice and support the DoEAC in the Zambezi region to build the knowledge of teachers and principals for the needs of children with disabilities and provide training in specific methods. Your main activities are:
• Promote training and workshops to implement the Inclusive Education Policy
• School visits, classroom observations, demonstration lessons in order to advice teachers and principals on improvement strategies
• Support Basic-Pre-Vocational Subjects and Training in schools
• Degree in Education with experience in Special Education
• Five years of teaching experience and experience as teacher advisor or principal
• Training of trainers’ skills or adult education
• Project Management experience desired