Sie bringen Ihr Know-how ein, um die 3000Friends Farm zu einem nachhaltigen und qualitativ hochwertigen Ausbildungszentrum für ökologische Landwirtschaft zu machen.
Organic farming methods that are more resilient to drought could be the solution to poverty and hunger. They also can contribute to reduce overgrazing and improve soil fertility. In addition, organic agriculture combines environmental protection with low-cost technology and access to markets with high prices. Organic agriculture plays an important role in rural employment by hiring more seasonal workers and given the increasing sales of organic food, will likely also create opportunities in occupations related to organic agriculture.
In 2017, the Yarumal missionaries have started to establish the 3000Friends farm in Ongata Rongai as a demo farm to train community representatives, staff and missionaries to develop skills to train others and improve their livelihoods. The purpose of the 3000Friends Farm goes far beyond training different target groups. It serves as a living example of how knowledge and skills can be applied in practice by smallholder farmers (the demo farm itself is relatively small) and how it is possible to make a living from farming even with a small farm.
Your activities / tasks
As a Comundo co-worker, you will contribute to strengthening the farms’ training and production departments. Specifically, you will provide support for the setting up of a self-sustainable center for organic farming that offers quality training and demonstration for community leaders and Yarumal missionaries. You will:
· Develop and implement a farm master plan including promising value chains
· Introduce an integrated crop-livestock farming system
· Support the development of the training and the production departments
· Develop a training concept, training courses and training materials
· Train farm employees, trainers and community representatives
· Raise awareness on organic farming through networking and meetings
· Degree in agriculture, forestry, natural resource management or related disciplines with a focus on organic farming
· Practical experience in farm management value chain development and economic aspects of farming
· Experience in agricultural training and extension
· Experience in organisational development
· Good English language skills
Residence in Switzerland or Germany required!
See job advertisement for more information.